Hit Productions’ Studio H recently played host to the soundtrack recording session of Amigo, celebrated indie film writer/director John Sayles’ latest period film about the US occupation of the Philippines. The soundtrack, including covers of ‘La Marcha de Cadiz’ and ‘Hot Time in the Old Town Tonight’, was interpreted by acclaimed local musicians Junjun Regalado, Jeck Cenizosa, Sammy Asuncion, and Richie Gonzaga. Mason Daring, Sayles longtime collaborator, composed the music score.
Amigo is Sayles’ 10th film, and was nominated in the Toronto International Film Festival. It stars local indie darlings Joel Torre, Rio Locsin and Bembol Roco, as well a a foreign cast that includes Garett Dillahunt and Chris Cooper. Sayles is best known for helming the popular Western mystery/drama ‘Lone Star’, and for penning B-movie classics ‘Piranha’ and ‘The Howling’.
With the musicians L-R:Junjun Regalado, Jeck Cenizosa, director John Sayles, Richie Gonzaga, Studio H Engineer KC Caballero, Jun de la Paret, assistant engineer Mark Villar, and composer Mason Daring.
Sammy Asuncion lays down a hegalong track
This is the Hit Productions print ad for the Cannes Lions edition of Adobo Magazine, available now at bookstores and newsstands.
Making Lions can be fun if you have the right partner. Do it with us.
Photo by Shidoniii
One of our clients has just started a daily photo blog and his post for today features Hit Productions.
One of the things I like most about my work is when I’m at Hit with my sound engineer. Designing sound is therapeutic for me. Choosing between a swish or a swoosh, coaching talents in dialects I’m not even familiar with, sorting through rows upon rows of layers in my soundtrack, trying to free up 5 frames from the entire mix just to make the whole thing sound right – these are the things that make my day a little more calm. A little more (word pun coming right up) sound.
Visit Shidoniii’s Project 365 blog and check out his daily posts!
Here’s a musical montage featuring a couple of ads we’ve worked on over the past few years. Enjoy!
Congratulations to Brian Cua for winning Best Musical Score at the recently concluded Star Awards for his work on the movie Kimmy Dora!
We recently hosted several young students from BBDO’s School of Fine Ideas internship program, and gave them a studio tour and a short lecture on the basics of audio production.
Looking forward to seeing all of you in the industry!
Hit Productions, Inc., the country’s leading supplier of sound and music for advertising, is looking to fill key positions within its production team. For immediate hiring.
Hit Productions has won the 4A’s Audio Production House of the Year award 9 times in the last 12 years, and is the first back to back recipient of the Ad Congress Araw Production House of the Year award, given to the country’s top advertising supplier in any medium. Hit Productions also helped produce the Philippines’ two Cannes Radio Lions Award winners, a Gold in 2007 for JWT and a Bronze in 2006 for BBDO. The company was established in 1991 and currently employs 45 people.
We are looking for:
STUDIO PRODUCTION COORDINATOR
– assists the music department in scheduling talents, coordinating sessions and reporting project updates
– assists producers and voice casters with contracts, packages, client coordination and other department needs
– has production foresight
– is organized, focused and results oriented
VOICE TALENT CASTER
– screens and auditions prospective new talent
– selects and recommends suitable talent for recording
– helps supervise and direct dialogue and voiceover recordings
– coordinates with translators and dialogue coaches
– helps develop and maintain Hit Productions’ voice talent library
– coordinates talent schedules, contracts, and paperwork
– preferably with experience/connections in broadcast, theater or advertising
ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE CLERK
– Work includes following up on projects for billing and collections
– an accounting graduate with knowledge of SAP Business One and QuickBooks
– Minimum of 2 years experience, preferably in the advertising industry
– Must have good PR and communication skills
Please send resumes, references and any samples or demo reels to firstname.lastname@example.org